Signs That Jesus Will Return Soon
In God's word Jesus was clear that no man would know the day or hour of his return. "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only" - Matthew 24:36. Although we know from this that no man will know, we can anticipate his return based upon a number of factors that indicate his return draws near:
1. THE MORAL DECAY OF SOCIETY: The Apostle Paul wrote "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;" - 2 Timothy 3:1-4. There can be absolutely NO question that the moral decay that Paul wrote of exists NOW, indicating that Christ will return SOON.
2. MEN WILL HAVE A FORM OF GODLINESS: The Apostle Paul wrote "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was" - 2 Timothy 3:5-9. Man embraces this today at an alarming rate. Attesting to a form of Godliness or religion, but denying his power to change lives.
3. CONDITIONS AT THE TIME OF THE GREAT FLOOD: It is written "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be" - Matthew 24:37-39. It is clear from the scriptures that the days preceeding the great flood were characterized by a world so preoccupied with selfish matters that they neglected spiritual things. Jesus' statement above of "So shall also the coming of the Son of man be" foretells that world conditions at the second coming will be as they were in the days of Noe. Looking at world conditions today there can be absolutely NO doubt that we are NOW living in the last days.
4. JESUS PROMISED IT: "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory" - Matthew 24:30. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" - John 14:3. "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come QUICKLY. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus" - Revelation 22:20.
SO - HOW CAN YOU BE READY TO GREET HIM?
1. ADMIT that you ARE lost. You are lost if you have NOT trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior (John 3:18). God's word tells us thatALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
2. TURN To God (With your heart; with faith, and sorrow for your sins and unbelief). BELIEVEthat Jesus Christ died on the cross as a sacrifice for us! You must believe that Jesus died for YOUR sins, and died as YOUR substitute. Jesus is the only one that can erase sin from your life.
3. TRUSTIn Jesus Christ (With your heart; Trusting Him with your eternal soul; Wanting and willing to receive Him as your own personal Savior.) Ask GOD for the FREE GIFT of Eternal Life! Ask him in prayer, in your own words, from your heart to forgive you and to save you. Express your sorrow for sins, and your desire for him to forgive you and save your soul. This must be a genuine and sincere prayer, not just the act of repeating some words provided for you. ALLYOUHAVETO DOIS ASK! Salvation is FREE!"And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved," (Acts 16:30,31).